Scholarship (Description and Past Recipients)
Description (Walworth County):
Three (3) ($2000, $1000 and $500) scholarships may be awarded by the Wisconsin Farm Technology Days, Inc. Board of Directors.
- Applicants taking post high school agriculture related training, long or short course within the University of Wisconsin System or Wisconsin Technical College System. (This includes the study of Genetics, Landscape, Architecture, Biochemistry, Bacteriology, Food Industry, Horticulture, Environment Sciences, Agriculture Journalism, and other agriculture related fields of study.)
- Candidate for the scholarships must be a Walworth County or neighboring county resident and attend school in one of those counties.
- Candidate must be planning to enter their senior year of high school or 1st year of college at the time of application in the Fall of 2016.
- Candidate rank in the upper 50% of the class preferred with a grade point of 3.0. Attach high school transcript with your application.
- Candidate must have participated in the Walworth County Wisconsin Farm Technology Days activities during the period of 2014 through 2016.
Administration and Awarding of Scholarship:
- Each school should forward all applications to the Wisconsin Farm Technology Days, Inc. N2953 Mill Rd., New Holstein, WI 53061 by Aug. 20, 2016.
- Final selection and awarding of the scholarships to be made by the Wisconsin Farm Technology Days, Inc Executive Officers Committee.
- Selection will be based on: Involvement in WFTD 40%, School Activities-20%, Community Activities 20%, Scholastic Achievement 20%.
Rules Regulating use of Scholarship:
- Scholarship funds will be awarded after you have completed the first semester of college. Recipient must show proof of completing the 1st semester of college in good standing. (2.0 or better).
- Scholarship will be paid directly to the school in the name of the recipient.
County specific scholarship details for the 2016 (Walworth) shows: