Scholarship (Description and Past Recipients)
Description (Dane County):
Three (3) ($2000, $1000 and $500) scholarships may be awarded by the Wisconsin Farm Technology Days, Inc. Board of Directors.
- Applicants taking post high school agriculture related training, long or short course within the University of Wisconsin System or Wisconsin Technical College System. (This includes the study of Genetics, Landscape, Architecture, Biochemistry, Bacteriology, Food Industry, Horticulture, Environment Sciences, Agriculture Journalism, and other agriculture related fields of study).
- Candidate for the scholarships must be a Dane County or neighboring county resident and attend school in one of those counties.
- Candidate must be planning to enter their senior year of high school or 1st year of college at the time of application in the Fall of 2015.
- Candidate rank in the upper 50% of the class preferred with a grade point of 3.0. Attach high school transcript with your application.
- Candidate must have participated in the Dane County Wisconsin Farm Technology Days activities during the period of 2013 through 2015.
- Appropriateness of the information transfer technique for the WFPD setting.
Administration and Awarding of Scholarship:
- Each school should forward all applications to the Wisconsin Farm Technology Days, Inc. N2953 Mill Rd., New Holstein, WI 53061 by Sept. 20, 2015.
- Final selection and awarding of the scholarships to be made by the Wisconsin Farm Technology Days, Inc Executive Officers Committee.
- Selection will be based on: Involvement in WFTD 40%, School Activities-20%, Community Activities 20%, Scholastic Achievement 20%.
Rules Regulating use of Scholarship:
- Scholarship funds will be awarded after you have completed the first semester of college. Recipient must show proof of completing the 1st semester of college in good standing. (2.0 or better).
- Scholarship will be paid directly to the school in the name of the recipient.
County specific scholarship details for the 2015 (Dane) shows:
Past Scholarship Recipients